Tuesday, February 13, 2018

WATER FOR WEIGHT LOSS?

Water for weight loss? Water they say is a free commodity and it is essential for human existence. As a human being we all can do without food for a certain period of time, but water? Really peeps I doubt. It is often said that when you drink water consistently one can reduce a certain amount of weight but we forget to realize that the reality here is drinking water the correct way. If you go online and read a thousand and one articles on how water can reduce weight, you would just keep confusing yourself the more that’s why I’m here to enlighten you more about how you can adjust your body system in consuming the right amount of water needed in a day. Water is said to boost the immune system amongst various other things, my dear NOT carbonated drinks o, and I mean pure clear room temperature water. Cold water is NOT good; I repeat cold water ain’t good for you. The first thing you should take upon rising from bed should be a glass of warm water to start your day; you don’t necessarily need the ginger or the lemon or honey. The water alone is enough. Another thing to note is aiming for 6-8 glasses of water in a day; I’m sure this isn’t new to you; you must have heard it all over the place, either from a friend, relative or even your physician. For me I take more than that room temperature which is good but I choose to leave the house with a flask with hot water and sip it throughout the day, it helps detoxify and flush out toxins from the body and it works for me. Hence, do whatever works for you but make sure you are consuming water at regular hours; you can download apps or have a timer to let you when you should drink your glass or bottle as needed. Yeah, I know I mentioned something about lemons; you’re free to add them but make SURE that your water intake is achieved. Another thing to put in mind is the fact that taking a glass of water before meals is VERY VERY important, as it makes you feel full thereby making you to eat less. I would advise that you take your water before meal hot but not too hot to burn your tongue (laughs). Regular intake of water balances the body fluids as our body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of the body temperature. Finally, as you start so you should end, when mother nature calls by night for you to rest try as much as possible to drink a glass of an averagely hot water, this might only cost a few trips to the bathroom at night but it is definitely worth it. In all, doing this with a calorie controlled diet together with exercises would help a lot. Till I come your way next week, enjoy!